Accutest Drug Abuse Testing and Fingerprinting
Get In Touch.
Contact us now
What is a drug test?
Why do you need a drug test?
What are the detection periods?
The following chart from LabCorp gives approximate detection periods for each substance by test type.
The detection windows depend upon multiple factors - drug class,amount and frequency of use, metabolic rate, body mass, age, overall health, and urine pH. For ease of use, the detection times of metabolites have been incorporated into each parent drug. For example, heroin and cocaine can only be detected for a few hours after use, but their metabolites can be detected for several days in urine. In this type of situation, we will report the (longer) detection times of the metabolites.
- NOTE 1: Oral fluid or saliva testing results for the most part mimic that of blood. The only exceptions are THC and benzodiazepines. Oral fluid will likely detect THC from ingestion up to a maximum period of 18-24 hours. Low saliva:plasma ratio continues to cause difficulty in oral fluid detection of benzodiazepines
- NOTE 2: Urine cannot detect current drug use. It takes approximately 6-8 hours or more post-consumption for drug to be metabolized and excreted in urine. Similarly, hair requires two weeks, and sweat, seven days.
Approximate values for detection periods
[table id=1 /]
General information about drug testing in the United States
While SAMHSA/NIDA guidelines only allow laboratories to report quantitative results for the "NIDA-5" on their official NIDA tests, many drug testing laboratories and on-site tests now offer a wider or "more appropriate" set of drug screens which may be more reflective of current drug use patterns. As noted above, these tests include synthetic pain killers such as Oxycodone (Oxycontin, Percocet), Oxymorphone, Hydrocodone (Vicodin), Hydromorphone; benzodiazepines (Valium, Xanax, Klonopin, Restoril) and barbiturates.
Other drugs, such as meperidine (Demerol), fentanyl, propoxyphene, and methadone are not commonly tested for in most pre-employment situations, however, are being increasing included in random testing.
A confirmation test (usually GC/MS, or LC/MS/MS) can tell the difference between chemically similar drugs such as methamphetamine and methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA or ecstasy).
Benefits to using livescan
There are several benefits to using livescan.
The advantages of using the service are:
- No messy ink
- Competitive pricing
- Livescan and fingerprint capture device
We offer the following fingerprinting services.
Adult fingerprinting - This is ideal for general businesses -including Casinos and Banks, Licenses, Immigrations, Notaries, and schools.
IDS for Kids - To help with awareness to your children, we offer the service to them as well.
Equipment - At Accutest, we offer livescan fingerprinting. We use the latest fingerprint scanning technology to allow for quick and accurate scans.
CURRENTLY PROVIDING FINGERPRINTING SERVICES FOR:
- Nevada Gaming
- State Board of Nursing
- Dept of Insurance
- State Board of Physical Therapy
- Nevada State Contractors Board
- Private Investigators Licensing Board
- Marijuana Prospective Owner
- Marijuana Employee/Contractor
Call the office for a full list.
For more information call us today: 702-732-8616.